Whether your company has been selling online for 20 minutes or 20 years, you are
undoubtedly familiar with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). It
requires merchants to create security management policies and procedures for safeguarding
customers’ payment data.
Originally created by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express in 2004, the PCI DSS
has evolved over the years to ensure online sellers have the systems and processes in place
to prevent a data breach.
• Content is among an organization's most critical assets. It flows through every aspect of a company, from people to systems to processes. But as teams grow and the breadth of their content expands, these valuable assets get fragmented across the different tools they use.
• What if you had a secure, open platform that connects all your tools in the cloud, allowing you to pull together best-of-breed technologies that fit your unique business needs? These native integrations keep teams happy and give IT full visibility and control, while boosting productivity and collaboration across the entire organization.
• Download our ebook to see how Cloud Content Management from Box provides you with a central and secure content layer that unites all of your apps with seamless, native integrations. In it, you'll learn about our most popular integrations — like Microsoft Office 365, Okta, Slack and Salesforce — and how Box helps you future-proof your tech stack while also providing a unified exp
• Enterprise Content Management is a market in transition. And as demand for modernization becomes widespread, long-time leaders are investing in new capabilities to keep up — and bringing more of the market to the cloud to meet the needs of users and IT managers alike.
• This report shows how a range of providers measure up to help companies make the right choice when
• requirements are skewed to the needs of information workers who need to create, collaborate on, share, and find enterprise content.
• Use the 2017 Forrester Wave™ report to:
o Get educated. Gain an understanding of how the ECM market is changing and why complex, on-premises ECM suites are giving way to Cloud Content Management platforms like Box.
o Define your needs. Forrester ranks the top 15 ECM business content vendors based on current offerings, strategy and market presence to help you evaluate vendors that suit your needs.
o Select a vendor. Learn how cloud content management platforms like Box are designed
more people than ever before. Whether it's your employees, partners or customers, all your people use enterprise content. And that means content management is becoming increasingly top-of-mind — but companies find it difficult to get it right. In this newsletter, Gartner shares how cloud content management helps you build your content management strategy from the bottom up, enabling you to:
o Improve company-wide collaboration and become more customer-centric
o Scale your business and reduce cost
o Provide security and stability for your entire organization
• Download the full Gartner newsletter, Reshaping ECM: New Opportunities in the Cloud. You'll learn about the emerging requirements of top ECM vendors, as well as discover real-world use cases of Cloud Content Management.
• In today's ever-evolving world, content management is a moving target. With content flowing from a multitude of places, keeping up with the speed of business requires a content management strategy that's more flexible than traditional Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
• As digital transformation forces organizations to rethink their processes, it's never been more important to focus on deploying a platform that works across all of your content so you can get more value out of each asset and protect yourself against technology stagnation.
• Check out our ebook, 5 Considerations For Transforming Your ECM Strategy With Cloud Content Management, and learn how to bring your people and information together in the cloud.
Intel's factories rely on thousands of PCs for manufacturing automation; keeping these PCs up and running can prevent expensive downtime. To manage these systems, Intel IT is using the Intel vPro platform's hardware- based feature, Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT), to help reduce production downtime caused by PC incidents by 87.5 percent.
The widespread use of mobile devices — smartphones and tablets — provides anytime, anywhere computing and communications resources for individuals worldwide. Both smartphones and tablets have made the transition from a personal resource, acquired and supported by consumers, to a professional resource, provided and supported by employers. For midsize firms around the world, those with 100–999 employees, mobile resources play a key role in improving workplace productivity as well as allowing greater flexibility in how and where work is done.
New collaboration resources also allow staff in different locations to work together as efficiently and effectively as staff in the same office. The challenge for IT management is how best to coordinate the different collaborative and mobile resources and provide secure management of mobile devices and collaboration tools while enhancing workforce agility and productivity.
Nimble Secondary Flash array represents a new type of data storage, designed to maximize both capacity and performance. By adding high-performance flash storage to a capacity-optimized architecture, it provides a unique backup platform that lets you put your backup data to work.
Nimble Secondary Flash array uses flash performance to provide both near-instant backup and recovery from any primary storage system. It is a single device for backup, disaster recovery, and even local archiving. By using flash, you can accomplish real work such as dev/test, QA, and analytics.
Deep integration with Veeam’s leading backup software simplifies data lifecycle management and provides a path to cloud archiving.
New data sources are fueling innovation while stretching the limitations of traditional data management strategies and structures. Data warehouses are giving way to purpose built platforms more capable of meeting the real-time needs of a more demanding end user and the opportunities presented by Big Data. Significant strategy shifts are under way to transform traditional data ecosystems by creating a unified view of the data terrain necessary to support Big Data and real-time needs of innovative enterprises companies.
Published By: HPE Intel
Published Date: Jan 11, 2016
While flash storage can enhance the performance of your applications, there are three potential roadblocks to realizing the full value from a flash investment:
• Storage network capacity
• Storage architecture
Vish Mulchand is Senior Director of Product Management and Marketing for Storage, Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Published By: HPE Intel
Published Date: Mar 15, 2016
To free up staff resources to focus on strategic business initiatives, many IT leaders are considering engaging a partner to handle ongoing data center maintenance and optimization. But, too often, data center management services fall short of expectations. Standard care services may be limited in scope, and may not support the range of legacy hardware already in the data center. Conversely, complex managed or outsourced services may involve a costly, fully-customized engagement, in which costs are unpredictable, and control is wrested away from the enterprise. Finally—and perhaps most importantly—many data center management service providers seem to lack the innovative spark that will ensure continuous improvement to data center operations.
Published By: HPE Intel
Published Date: Mar 15, 2016
Led by experienced technology consultants, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Storage Transformation Workshop Service provides a highly interactive, meaningful half day-long session with a customer's IT, business, and executive stakeholders. Using a series of high-quality (slide-free) discussion panels, HPE TS Consulting will facilitate an exploration of data management transformation journey to business-aligned visions, aligning your specific situation and HPE’s experiences over evolutionary trends in Data Management, Transformation to All Flash and End to End Data Protection. HPE consultants will also lead discussions on the potential implications that a data management transformation may present to IT, your storage and backup staff, and your business.
Published By: HPE Intel
Published Date: Mar 15, 2016
Accelerate your journey to an all-flash data center with Hewlett Packard Enterprise Storage Consulting solutions.
Slash costs and double performance with HPE 3PAR StoreServ All-flash arrays. Now you no longer need to choose which apps to take to flash; take them all and you won’t regret it. We deliver maximum performance, highest availability, Tier-1 data services, ease of management, and robust data protection at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) on the market when you engage with HPE Storage Consulting to provide an end-to-end all-flash solution.
Business Spend Management Improves Visibility and Control Over Spend for Financial Leaders
Closing the books can be a tedious, manual process when accrual balances don’t match AP balances and a backlog of invoices cause an increase in resource hours.
Get insight on how Salesforce and Ionis Pharmaceuticals leverage business spend management to streamline the financial close.
Read this eBook to learn how to:
• Automate spend processes to cut heavy manual workloads
• Gain full visibility and control over spend
• Move from transactional “spreadsheet jockey” to strategic management
• Minimize risk associated with missed accruals
Financial services firms are turning to Business Spend Management (BSM) as a Strategic Solution
Beset by competitors and burdened by ever-shifting regulatory requirements, financial services firms are turning to cloud-based technology to gain better control over—and visibility into—spending. In the process, they are becoming fiercer competitors.
Download this ebook for insights into how you can improve your organization's financial health and how:
A cloud complete-BSM solution can track and measure all purchasing activities, identifying patterns that provide opportunities for negotiating discounts, and better managing risk
To increase savings across source-to-contract, procure-to-pay, travel & expense management, as well as risk and supplier management
Modern technology enables the finance function to take cost-management to a deeper level—without investing in IT infrastructure
Organizations need a new way to manage this complexity and uncertainty in an environment where expectations for results are rising, not falling. Download this asset to learn how Business Spend Management (BSM) empowers both centralized and decentralized corporate functions with:
- Fully scalable processes that increase user adoption and ease of use
- Capital efficiency to maximize savings and process efficiency
- Business agility to adapt to changing conditions such as acquisitions, growth, etc.
- And much more!
Download this complimentary report to learn all the ways BSM powers your business success!
This document will explore the challenges SMB IT faces today, how industry peers are addressing these challenges, best practices for these issues, and how IT professionals may be able to leverage HPE to achieve their goals.
A hybrid infrastructure strategy needs to define your right mix of cutting edge infrastructure, power your right mix with the best internal and external resources and optimize your right mix with leading management tools to ensure success every step of the way. Download now to learn more!
Hyperconvered infrastructure -- the meddling together of servers and storage into a single appliance with streamlined management -- is a technology growing in popularity even as people struggle to figure out exactly what it can do, what it can't do, and just how it impacts the IT organization.
In the idea economy, time-to-value is the #1 priority. But in a technology-driven world, it takes more than good ideas to be successful. Success depends on how quickly an enterprise can turn ideas into value, and that depends on how fast IT can roll out new services.
In midsize and large organizations, critical business processing continues to depend on relational databases including Microsoft® SQL Server. While new tools like Hadoop help businesses analyze oceans of Big Data, conventional relational-database management systems (RDBMS) remain the backbone for online transaction processing (OLTP), online analytic processing (OLAP), and mixed OLTP/OLAP workloads.
IT is undergoing a significant transformation as businesses look to streamline costs and roll out a new class of cloud-based applications driven by a changing digital economy. The IT infrastructure as we know it today is not well equipped to improve on the cost structure for traditional workloads nor handle the velocity demands of a new generation of workloads where IT is a focal point for competitive differentiation. As one approach to address these changing demands of IT, vendors are bringing to market new solutions under a new category called “composable infrastructure”.
As the use of cloud solutions in government increases, both business and IT leaders are recognizing that the safety and success of their business depend on finding ways to take full advantage of cloud innovation while ensuring consistent service levels, data management and privacy, and user experiences. Hybrid IT management includes aligning the organization around service levels, cost control, security, and IT-enabled innovation.
Credit Union Times is the nation's leading independent source for breaking news and analysis for credit union leaders. For more than 20 years, Credit Union Times has set the standard for editorial excellence and ethical, straight-forward reporting.