1. Online holiday shopping season in 2017 tops expectations. Online shopping totaled $108.2B during the 2017 holiday season, representing 14.7% growth year-over year ($107.4B, 13.8% growth predicted)
2. The Thanksgiving weekend was one for the record books. Holiday shoppers took full advantage of deep discounts and spent over $19B dollars during the five days between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday
3. Cyber Monday and Black Friday stay dominant and emerge as mobile mega-days. Cyber Monday was the first day with over $2.0B in mobile shopping alone
4. Big retailers won big, but small retailers competed on key days. The largest retailers saw big holiday season growth while smaller retailers had an advantage during the Thanksgiving weekend, particularly on mobile devices
5. Big markets drive holiday growth. The nation’s largest markets saw big growth, particularly on key days
Download our new white paper, Retail Stores of the Future, to learn how you can bring the best of online shopping to brick-and-mortar stores. You’ll see how new digital marketing technologies and strategies can be applied to in-store interactions—so you can create immersive experiences everywhere your customers go.
Read the white paper now to discover:
• How retailers are blending innovative technologies with traditional shopping
• Four key approaches they’re using to build Stores of the Future
• The interactive tools they’re employing to enrich in-store experiences
We are coming to expect quality video in all our digital experiences – from online shopping to on the job training. However, as video technology has become more ubiquitous, it has also become more complex. To deliver a quality experience to users, regardless of their device and connectivity, you need a holistic video strategy. We’ve tapped into our experience to present the top issues you must address to ensure a successful online video strategy.
Download now to learn more!
In just a few decades we've gone from face-to-face, catalog and phone omnichannel: endless retail/multiple ways to buy and receive goods. That change has expolded sales.
Download this interesting Infographic to see more.
"The success of your digital strategy requires bridging the gap between your core capabilities and what customers want.
Watch this on demand webcast with Forrester’s Vice President and Principal Analyst, Ted Schadler, Michael Fasosin, Chief Strategy Officer, Spindrift & DigitasLBi OSG, and Oracle to learn:
- Key trends in consumer online shopping behavior
- How to develop a successful digital experience technology strategy and roadmap
- The essential components of a modern digital experience platform
- How to achieve quick-wins and long term investments simultaneously
You will also see a short demonstration of how Oracle's CX Cloud solutions deliver personalized, unified experiences across channels. "
Published By: Sitecore
Published Date: Mar 27, 2017
In a digital era where 74% of online consumers get frustrated with websites when content appears that has nothing to do with their interests, it’s time for marketers to think differently about how they personalize the shopping experience, and we’ll show you how. Download now!
Predictive analytics have been used by different industries for years to solve difficult problems that range from detecting credit card fraud to determining patient risk levels for medical conditions. It combines data mining and machine-learning technologies to create statistical models based on historical data. It then uses these models to predict future events. Extracting the power from the data requires powerful algorithms behind predictive analytics.
o With foot traffic falling and online shopping options growing, retailers must find new ways to “digitize” and understand real-world behavioral data—such as in-store browsing patterns, staff attentiveness, and specific product interest— in the same way that online retail utilizes big data to optimize online experiences. They must also find innovative ways to keep customers engaged with their brands, especially in expensive brick-and-mortar locations. In this environment, managing labor costs is critical, as these costs are second only to real estate. Assigning and enabling sales associates cost-effectively is key to profitability. Retailers have an opportunity to meet their challenges by putting new data and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to work
Today’s empowered consumers want to shop anywhere, anytime and they expect nothing less than a seamless experience with all their needs accommodated as they shift among mobile, digital and physical channels. They want the freedom and choice of online shopping, balanced with the comfort and immediacy of a physical store. They want to research and select items from their armchair, check out offers when they’re on the move and then try out products in the store.
91% of shoppers research products online before making a purchase in a brick-and-mortar store. To remain competitive and grow, it's now imperative for retailers to deliver a seamless shopping experience across all channels. Download our new whitepaper to find out how an Enterprise Management solution can help you deliver the experience today's customer expects.
Technology plays a key role in online shopping, where online retailers gain a greater understanding of their customers through data from their browsing and purchasing habits. Today, when consumers shop in brick-and-mortar stores, they expect the same personalized and responsive service.
To help retailers achieve this level of service, a combination of hardware and software—Intel® Vision Accelerator Design products, cameras, AI deep learning video analysis technology— do the work for you.
Uncover how Advantech system uses the Intel Vision Accelerator Design with Intel Movidius VPU to drive
• Overall store performance such as the number of visitors and transactions, point-of-sale data, sales per shopper and the store’s ranking, and can distinguish traffic patterns by weather and time of day
• Traffic and sales analysis for better staff allocation and marketing-event planning
• Store heatmap analysis for more precise merchandise placement and product promotion
Download this white paper to learn how a customer-centric supply chain requires not only new processes and technologies, but also a cultural shift in how retailers run their organizations and collaborate with their trading partners.
Digital transformation has had a powerful impact on retail. It started with global supply chain, then online shopping. The next chapter is workforce performance. Competition for the best people is heating up. It isn’t just about cool technology. Learn how to get and keep good people who add to the bottom line, with these best practices for retail.
Credit Union Times is the nation's leading independent source for breaking news and analysis for credit union leaders. For more than 20 years, Credit Union Times has set the standard for editorial excellence and ethical, straight-forward reporting.