Published By: Perimeter
Published Date: Jul 17, 2007
With the decrease in the total number of viruses, some have theorized that the need for virus protection is becoming less and less necessary. The purpose of this paper is to help individuals understand the scope of the problem, and specific strategies available to combat this continually changing threat.
Published By: Lumension
Published Date: Nov 19, 2010
Using patch and vulnerability management as the principal component of your risk mitigation strategy and taking prudent measures to establish a best practices approach can help reduce costs and risks in the long term. Here are four steps to cure your patch management headache.
Published By: Lumension
Published Date: Jan 22, 2013
Keeping track of 10,000+ of anything is a management nightmare. With ongoing compliance and evolving attacks against vulnerable endpoint devices, getting a handle on managing endpoints becomes more important.
Published By: AlienVault
Published Date: Mar 30, 2016
Get Real-Time Threat Detection Starting on Day 1 with AlienVault USM
Download a free, 30-day trial of AlienVault USM to experience the power of our all-in-one security platform. You’ll see how easy it can be to protect and defend against today’s threats with all of the essential security tools you need. Experience how USM makes it easy to:
• Discover all IP-enabled assets on your network
• Identify vulnerabilities like unpatched software or insecure configurations
• Detect malware like botnets, trojans & rootkits
• Speed incident response with remediation guidance for every alert
• Generate accurate compliance reports for PCI DSS, HIPAA and more
Download Your Free Trial Now!
Microsoft® will end support for Windows® Server 2003/R2 on July 14, 2015. This can have a dramatic impact on your business, because without any more updates or patches from Microsoft, your organization’s infrastructure will be less stable and secure.
HP can help you to make a smooth migration to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and to private cloud solutions built on HP Converged Infrastructure and Microsoft System Center, HP has created a Microsoft Virtualization and Cloud Center of Excellence.
Published By: MobileIron
Published Date: Apr 13, 2015
Enterprises around the world have been searching for a way to securely enable Android™ devices for work, but have shied away from the platform due to ongoing security and fragmentation concerns. Delayed or non-existent Android security patches, malicious app store activity, and other security gaps have led organizations to distrust the platform, particularly those in industries with tight security and compliance requirements.
This white paper is intended to help CISOs understand how Lollipop and Android for Work can meet critical security and compliance requirements, even in high-security organizations. It also provides recommendations for implementing Lollipop and Android for Work as part of a BYOD program.
Take a look at our cloud-first, modern Windows management and security solution that fundamentally changes how IT approaches PC lifecycle management. Join us to learn how unified endpoint management helps organizations lower the cost of managing Windows deployments; streamlines securing endpoints, apps and data on any network; and delivers peak user experience across any Windows device.
• Consolidate your Windows management across devices on or off the domain
• Deliver and install Win32 software more reliably and quickly
• Deploy security patches instantly and remediate vulnerabilities faster
• Unify your endpoint management functions across desktops and mobile
• First look at how organizations are using UEM for Windows 10
Many Windows applications are traditional x86/x64 apps, which can be several GBs in size. To package and deploy apps to remote worker and branch office endpoints, organizations mostly rely on costly distribution servers, which are both capital and labor intensive. New Windows Software Distribution capabilities in AirWatch create a more efficient and enterprise scalable deployment experience that reduces bandwidth, infrastructure, and labor costs.
• Manage the full lifecycle of Win32 apps - including deploying apps, dependencies and patches
• Eliminate the challenges of complex app packaging, unreliable app installs and recurring OS imaging with App Stacks delivery
• Distribute apps to remote and branch users with CDN and P2P capabilities and eliminate your distribution server footprint
• Deliver apps in a unified app catalog and provide a consistent single sign-on experience for the user
Take a deeper look into how AirWatch enables Windows management to evolve from a rigid PC-centric approach to one offering a flexible and over-the-air configuration model. This session will delve into the specific configuration, security and OS patch management technologies that AirWatch introduces, as well as leveraging AirWatch alongside conventional Windows management tools that are in use today.
• Leverage product provisioning and native configuration management features for policy management from the cloud
• Integrate with the new Windows Update as a Service to flexibly manage OS updates and patches on or off the domain
• Ensure endpoint security and data protection via advanced security features in the management platform and Windows 10
System vulnerabilities, ransomware, malware, intrusions, and other malicious activities are on the rise, showing that today’s cybersecurity professionals are hard-pressed to keep enterprises secure. Although threats are growing in sophistication and attack vectors are expanding, many of the intrusions and cyber attacks happening today are simply a result of improper protections being put in place, systems going unpatched, or weak security policies. While much of the blame is being placed on cybersecurity professionals, the real blame should often be placed upon the tools and policies that many of those professionals have come to trust and the complexity that comes with them.
Every minute, the equivalent of one garbage truck of plastic waste enters our oceans—a total of 8 million metric tons a year. This plastic waste litters the seafloor and floats on the surface in vast plastic patches, poisoning seabirds and other marine life. By the year 2050, one estimate suggests there will be more plastic than fish in the world’s oceans. Founded in May 2013, social enterprise The Plastic Bank aims to tackle ocean pollution head-on.
Credit Union Times is the nation's leading independent source for breaking news and analysis for credit union leaders. For more than 20 years, Credit Union Times has set the standard for editorial excellence and ethical, straight-forward reporting.